Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids (or adults who use sub-standard English)? Here's a list of questions for the people who are a little older (or with a little more life experience)... Copy and paste into your own note, then answer the questions. Finally, tag your friends (including me, please!).
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The gas bill - mainly on the grounds that they undercharged the monthly rate for ages and now had to put it up to a ridiculous level.
2. Do you miss being a child?
Not often - it wasn't the most cheery of childhoods. I do miss that warm anticipation about Christmas that is impossible to replicate, no matter how hard you try.
3. Chore you hate the most?
All chores pretty evenly. Cleaning the car is top, I guess, which is why mine isn't very clean!
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
The Blue Ginger just down the road, for mine and pennski's 20th wedding anniversary a month or so ago.
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I can't think of anything major that wouldn't lead to me being a different person than I am now. I guess, at the risk of sounding maudlin, I wish I'd been a more understanding brother to Cathy - perhaps she'd still be around then...
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Not a clue. I vaguely remember what she looked like but not her name.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Reading a book or playing my current computer game.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I went through the usual boyhood thing of wanting to be a fighter pilot or an astronaut. Nothing that stuck - my life has been one long train of 'making things up as I go along'!
9. How many colleges did you attend?
If you mean University, then just the one. If you include the sixth form college (for A-levels) then two.
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was the nearest clean t-shirt!
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Petrol prices are ridiculously high compared with what they used to be when I first learned to drive. But I have to drive to work so I just put up with it.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I wonder whether the job I started running last night has finished? Obscure, I know!
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I don't really have a thing about famous people: most of the people I'd like to meet are writers and thanks to con-going I've met many of those! Um, forced to choose, I guess one of those effortlessly erudite types, like Stephen Fry, 'cos they'd be entertaining.
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Scraped, yes, crashed no.
16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
17. Get up early or sleep in?
I have to get up early, but I'll sleep in when the opportunity presents.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Dangermouse. Or Grommit.
19. Favorite thing to do at night?
Read, watch something fun on tv with pennski, noodle on the computer.
20. When did you first start feeling old?
I still don't feel old most of the time, so every slow-healing injury feels freshly annoying!
21. Favorite lunch meat?
Don't really do 'lunch meat'.
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
We don't have them in the UK and I don't believe I've every been in one in the 'States (Walgraves, yes, Wal-Mart, no)
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Probably, but I like being married so important to me personally. Once all the legal stuff is sorted out properly then I suspect it will gradually fade into a personal tradition. Mind you, that's a very Western-centric view.
24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Nothing I feel particularly guilty about.
25. What's your favorite drink?
A decent red wine.
26. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
BBC Radio 2.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Not watched either. I've heard good things about Sopranos and the first couple of seasons of DH sound fun, but I've quite enough to catch up on right now!
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
I do. Most of the time I like most of the people I work with. Very few I'd count as 'friends' as such though.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
No, nor any other purpose!
32. Last book you finished reading?
Charles Stross, The Trade of Queens.
33. Do you have a teddy bear?
34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
On an airplane. Not a very exciting answer, I know!
35. Do you go to church?
Not any more.
36. How old are you?
43, nearly 44.