Went to Africa and India.
Submitted a short story.
Got a rejection letter (see above!).
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Don't remember anymore, but given what my scales say, I guess not!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lisa from the operatic society.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Two of our cats, alas.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, India & Egypt.
6.What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A job I enjoy.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I got back from India, as it was then that Willow was found to be very ill. It was downhill from then on...
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through it, I think. Not my best year ever...
9. What was your biggest failure?
Putting on a few pounds, I guess.
10.Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual coughs and colds.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Just lots of books, games & DVDs really. The PSP was a nice purchase, but I haven't really used it all that much!
12.Whose behavior merited celebration?
pennski for heroic putting up with me being a miserable bastard at various times of the year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The usual suspects - two-faced politicians and so on. On a smaller scale, departmental management at work who keep on trying to make the individual staff responsible for all the failings in the department.
14.Where did most of your money go?
Books, CDs and Videos I suspect! Actually, probably the mortgage.
15.What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
The show and concert I did this year. WisCon. Going to Egypt.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Nothing particularly springs to mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are
A few pounds heavier. More fed up. Less surrounded by cats.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. Going to the cinema.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being depressed and stressed.
20. How will you spend Christmas?
Brother-in-law and family spent it with us.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, Doctor Who without doubt.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really. I don't really do hate. I spent a lot of the last six months of the year annoyed with people, though!
24. What was the best book you read?
Tough choice of several, but I think Matt Ruff's Set This House in Order just about takes it.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
I found a few new bands/artists I liked but nothing that really made me jump up and down with excitement.
26. What did you want and get?
Lots of things!
27. What did you want and not get?
A new job, but it's early days yet.
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 40 and had a party.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time to take stock at work.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Not significantly different from 2005, although I am now wearing a thumb ring with an Eye or Horus design, which is a new venture for me.
32. What kept you sane?
pennski mainly. A good holiday in November.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Iraq. How could it be anything else still?
34. Whom did you miss?
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Lots of interesting people, especially at WisCon this year. I am kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to say hello to Paul Cornell when I saw him at the Clarke Awards, though.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006
It doesn't help to stress about things you cannot change. A lesson I relearn every year!